How to find dentists accepting KanCare (Medicaid)

  • All children enrolled in KanCare have dental coverage. For help finding a dentist for your child, use the Find a Dentist for Your Kid search tool on the federal CMS website at this link:
  • Adults with KanCare insurance are able to receive dental exams and cleanings at least once per year. In addition, United Healthcare will provide one x-ray per year and those with a FE waiver may be eligible to receive dentures at no cost. Tooth extractions may be covered if they are considered medically necessary.
  • Call the phone number on your health insurance card to find out how to find a dentist near you who takes your insurance.
  • Be sure to let your dentist know that you’re enrolled in KanCare or give them the name of your health plan when you make an appointment for care.
  • If you’re having trouble getting an appointment to see a dental care provider, call the KMAP Customer Service Center at 1-800-766-9012 or your health plan’s member services department for help.

  • Click on “Find a Doctor”
  • Click on “Find a Dentist”
  • Select a Network — this is already pre-selected for you
  • You can then search for a dentist based on your location, Dentist Name or Practice Name. •Please note: as a non-registered user, the list of dentists you access on this site may not be the same as the list you access as a registered user. This function is provided for informational purposes only.
  • Customer Assist: 877-542-9238


  • Enter in your Zip Code
  • You can then search for a dentist based on your location
  • Please remember to review the "Network" column and make sure your dentist is listed in your plan.
  • Customer Assist: 855-221-5656

To learn more about KanCare (Medicaid) or to enroll for coverage, visit


Follow Us