To improve oral health in Kansas through
advocacy, public awareness and education.
Kansas is a national leader in oral health
education, prevention and treatment
VALUES AND BELIEFS
To realize our mission, we follow these
values and beliefs:
- The coalition has concern for the oral health of Kansans of all ages, cultures and resources.
- We work to educate that good oral health is an integral part of good overall health.
- We support fair access to oral health prevention and treatment services, with a special emphasis on the needs of underserved populations.
- We support community water fluoridation and a range of other preventative services, including such public health strategies as sealants, fluoride varnishes, education, home health visits and a host of other effective interventions.
- Research literature and data should inform the work of the coalition and data generation will be one outcome of the coalition’s work.
- Through collaborative efforts, we can influence and impact systems change to improve oral health status in Kansas; leverage national, state and community resources and dedicate them to the improvement of oral health.